COLA Demands GOB Bust Open The Books On Faber's Road Contract

And as we told you last week, COLA is also highly sceptical of the million dollar contract and has e...

Franz Parke Is Appointed To The Courts Of Appeal Despite Growing Opposition

Despite growing opposition, this morning Governor General Sir Colville Young proceeded with the appo...

PUP Says 8 Million Dollars Farbers Road Contract Is Bloated

The controversy continues over a contract awarded by the Ministry of Works to Imer Hernandez Develop...

BNTU Scold PM Barrow And Demands Answers By October 20th

On October 3rd, the Belize National Teacher’s Union held a special ceremony in Belize City to commem...

Opposition Leader Weighs In Over The $8 Million Contract To Imer Hernandez

Yesterday the Opposition voiced their concerns over the awarding of an $8 million contract to Imer H...

  • COLA Demands GOB Bust Open The Books On Faber's Road Contract

    Tuesday, 17 October 2017 02:37
  • Franz Parke Is Appointed To The Courts Of Appeal Despite Growing Opposition

    Tuesday, 17 October 2017 02:42
  • PUP Says 8 Million Dollars Farbers Road Contract Is Bloated

    Tuesday, 17 October 2017 02:59
  • BNTU Scold PM Barrow And Demands Answers By October 20th

    Tuesday, 17 October 2017 03:05
  • Opposition Leader Weighs In Over The $8 Million Contract To Imer Hernandez

    Wednesday, 18 October 2017 03:05

The broad daylight bank robbery at the Belize Bank Limited Orange Walk Branch in March of 2004 left residents shaken, especially after a shootout between the five men who entered the bank and Orange Walk Police led to the death of one of the robbers.

Unlike the bank heist at Heritage Bank on April 5th where two men walked away with $202,000 only $51,446.42 was stolen from the Belize Bank robbery. Out of that amount $20,138 was recovered.

And tonight news is that after spending more than seven years in jail, three men charged for the Belize Bank robbery were exonerated from the charge. On Monday Israel Carpio, Timoteo Jimenez and Juan Rivas Arce appeared in the court of Justice Denis Hanomansingh in the Corozal session of the Supreme Court.

Justice Hanomansing ordered the jury to return with a not guilty verdict after caution statements made by the three men, admitting their involvement in the robbery, were not admitted as evidence since all three men alleged that the caution statements were given after they were beaten by Police.

The Prosecutor, we understand, also failed to call to the stand several Police Officers who were involved in the case. The prosecution was represented by Senior Crown Council Cecil Ramirez while the three accused were unrepresented. CTV3 News understands that the Department of Public Prosecution will review the ruling to see if there are any possibilities for an appeal.

Share this post

This content has been locked. You can no longer post any comment.